Thursday, August 8, 2013

Good crafting material is key

In an opp shop I found a lovely children's encyclopedia from the sixties. It has lots of simple drawings in beautiful colors and the paper feels good: strong and soft at the same time.


With my wooden template for small envelopes I cut out several pouches. They're great to attach to a present for example or to fill with seeds from the garden to give away.


On every page I look for the best spot on one side or the other. It's fun. And cutting every little envelope out by hand is somehow tranquilizing, because the paper is nice to work with.


Last night I ended halfway through the D-words and I still have to glue them together. With a contrastingly bright sticker to close they'll be excellent. Like the material and the making process.