Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello world!

Being a writer by day and a knitter by night it's about time I started blogging. Let me tell you a bit about myself and my intentions with this blog.

My name is Tryntsje (pronounce as Trinsia) and I grew up crafting: sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidering, macraming, weaving. I used to love to hang around my mother when she was sewing, intuitively learning how to make clothes. Both my mother and my grandmother loved crafting and taught me all kinds of stitches and techniques.

Growing up I just kept sewing and recently I rediscovered knitting. What a joy. Feeling like I had lost time I knitted more than I need and I soon started a shop on Etsy. Luckily what I learnt as a girl wasn't lost and I  discovered that there's so much more to know on the internet. This is what I want to share with you in my blog: everything that's interesting to know about knitting and other textile crafts.

I hope you will enjoy my posts. Sign up for them if you like and feel free to leave a comment every once in a while.